Dear High Desert Clients,
On Thursday May 28, our Governor gave us the green light to open on a limited basis.
Starting off, all sessions are by appointment, limited to1 hour in length and for our “return locals” only.
Our list of safety protocols are based on guidelines from the CDC, the NM Sate Health Dept. and the AMTA
Links are provided to each of them for further review.
What we are doing:
1) Therapists and staff will disinfect surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, surfaces and bathrooms in between clients. There will be a log of each cleaning available.
2) We have removed extraneous items from each room so there are fewer surfaces for any germs to land on.
3) We have changed the schedule so there is extra time between clients for disinfecting the treatment rooms and common spaces.
4) We are staggering appointment times to minimize the amount of contact clients have with each other, staff and the building.
5) We are limiting session lengths to one hour as per CDC guidelines of minimizing the length of time we spend within 6 ft of each other.
6) We’re requiring all therapists, staff and clients to bring their own masks and wear them at all times. Surgical masks and gloves are available for anyone who forgets to bring their own.
7) Staff and therapists will sign a waiver each day attesting to the adherence of social distancing, wearing a mask in public, quarantining after travel, etc.
8) We will let clients know if any staff member has been exposed to Covid 19 and/or tested positive for the virus.
8) We have a no-touch thermometer and an oximeter for staff and will record everyone’s temperature and oxygen level at the beginning of their work shift.
9) We have a plexiglass barrier at the front desk in between clients and the receptionist. We’re asking that clients no longer hang out in the waiting room, but rather reschedule and pay via phone. If that is not an option, we ask that face to face time with the receptionist is kept to a minimum.
10) We have virus killing air purifiers in every room.
11) We have fresh blankets for each client.
12) We have vinyl covers on all the tables, under the sheets, for easy disinfecting between clients.
13) Each room has disposable face cradle covers.
14) We have plastic pillow covers for under the pillow case that will be disinfected after each pillow use.
What we’re asking clients to do:
1) Sign a waiver at the beginning of each visit stating that they are adhering to safe practices such as social distancing, quarantining after travels , etc.
2) Wait in their car until their appointment time, when their therapist will come get them. When clients arrive, they will call the front desk and the receptionist will bring out the waiver. Alternatively, we can email the waiver and clients can bring the signed form to their appointment.
3) We have an oximeter for clients and will be recording their oxygen levels at the beginning of each session.
4) We have a no-touch thermometer for clients and will record their temperature at the beginning of each visit.
5) Inform High Desert if you develop symptoms of Covid 19, test positive for the virus or have been exposed to anyone who has symptoms of or has tested positive for Covid 19.